Bali Update : In The Event Of An Eruption

In late November 2017, Mount Agung erupted spewing volcanic ash into the upper atmosphere. Thankfully left no one injured or killed, and other than the current 2.5 days closure of Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport, life for tourists on the island is continuing as normal.

You don’t have to be panic in case that situation happens again, this short film provides information on the ongoing eruption of Mount Agung and how tourist visitors should deal with Bali’s active volcano.

First of all, please only pay attention to reliable media reports, whilst the international media uses words like “chaos”, “danger” and “explosive”, the reality here on the island is quite the opposite. A small area located within a 10-12 kilometer radius of Mount Agung has been declared as the “exclusion zone” – off-limits to local residents and visitors. This zone represents about 2% of the Bali’s land mass with the remaining 98% safe for tourist visitors.

Bali’s Governor, Mangku Pastika even stated that “If the airport is closed, I am going to take care of you, Including the free accommodation and transportation to the alternative airport.”

Many hotels are offering special discounts or free accommodation offers to Bali visitors who might be temporarily delayed by an airport closure. Before traveling to Bali, be sure to ask your hotel what would happen if you were unable to check out as planned due to an airport shutdown.

Keep up-to-date with your airlines’ provider for the latest information on flight schedules.

In case Bali’s Ngurah Rai Airport is closed, a number of alternative land routes out of Bali are available:

– Gilimanuk Harbour
At West Bali (3 hours drive from Kuta)

– Blimbingsari Airport (5 hours drive from Kuta)
At Banyuwangi, East Java (www.banyuwangiairport.com)

Connecting flights to Surabaya & Jakarta

– Juanda International Airport
At Surabaya, East Java – 11 hours drive from Kuta
www.juanda-airport.com

– Soekarno Hatta International Airport
At Tangerang, Banten (90 minutes flight from Surabaya / 26 hours drive from Kuta).

In the event that Bali’s Ngurah Rai Airport is closed, immigration officials will provide a 1-week visa extension to international visitors & foreign consulates based in Bali will maintain help desks at Bali’s Ngurah Rai Airport.

Volcanoes form a part of Bali’s rich history and unique geological formation. They are majestic in their beauty. When you visit Bali, make time to visit our Volcanic Geopark in Kintamani and its informative museum dedicated to volcanoes. We’ll even arrange a chance for you to photograph active Mount Agung – all done, of course, from a safe distance.

Come visit our Island and enjoy all nature has to offer #VisitBali

For more information:
24-hour Contact Center Bali Tourism Hospitality
Address: Bali Tourism Board Building Jalan Raya Puputan No.41 Renon, Denpasar, Bali 80235.
Phone Call & WhatsApp +6281246119889 / +6287754689166

2018-01-05T16:17:12+00:00

Leave A Comment