Overcoming the epidemic caused by the COVID-19 in Indonesia, the government has established health care financing to handling COVID-19. BPJS Health received a special assignment to verify COVID-19 claims. Here is the information you have to know!
BPJS Health’s Role in Handling Covid-19
BPJS Health was given a special assignment by the Government to verify the hospital’s claims for the provision of health services due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Through a letter from the Coordinating Minister for Human Empowerment and Culture (Menko PMK) Number: S.22 / MENKO / PMK / III / 2020 regarding the Special Assignment of Covid-19 Claim Verification
The criteria for the claim
The criteria for patients who can be claimed the cost of care are patients who have confirmed positive Covid-19, Patients Under Supervision (PDP), and People in Monitoring (ODP) aged over 60 years with or without comorbidities and ODP less than 60 years old with accompanying diseases which both citizens and foreigners who are treated in hospitals in the territory of the Unitary Republic of Indonesia. Whether it’s JKN-KIS participants or not registered, or hospitals that work with BPJS Health or not, the service claims can be made
The amount of JKN-KIS contribution
The government officially stipulated Presidential Regulation Number 64 of 2020 which regulates the adjustment of the amount of contribution for the National Health Insurance –Indonesia Healthy Card (JKN-KIS) Program. The amount of JKN-KIS contribution for PBPU and BP/Independent participants for April, May, and June 2020 follows Presidential Regulation Number 82 of 2018, which is:
- Rp. 80,000 for class I,
- Rp. 51,000 for class II,
- Rp. 25,500 for class III.
As of July 1, 2020, JKN-KIS contributions for PBPU and BP/Independent participants were adjusted to :
- Rp 150,000 for class I,
- Rp 100,000 for class II,
- Rp 42,000 for class III.
As a form of government attention and concern for the financial condition of the community, they set a special policy for PBPU and BP /Independent participants in class III. In 2020, their contributions will still be paid in the amount of Rp. 25.500, the government will give tuition assistance and pay the remaining contributions as much Rp. 16.500. Then, in 2021 and the following year, participants in class III will pay their contribution as much Rp 35.000, while the government will provide contribution assistance of Rp 7.000
Health service for JKN-KIS participants
According to Permenkes RI No. 28 Tahun 2014, the health services provided to JKN-KIS class I, class II and class III participants are the same. The comprehensive health services in accordance with medical indications. BPJS Health does not differentiate health services for class I, class II and class III participants. The differentiator is the class of inpatient rooms that received by participants.
BPJS Health branch in Bali
Here is the list of BPJS health branch offices in Bali:
- Branch Office Denpasar: Jl. D.I. Panjaitan No.6 Niti Mandala Renon Denpasar 80232. Phone : (0361) 225057; (0361) 224961.
- Branch Office Badung Region : Jl. Raya Lukluk No. 121 Mengwi-Badung 80351. Phone : (0361) 419981.
- Branch Office Tabanan : Jl. Pahlawan No. 1 Tabanan . Phone : (0361) 815138; (0361) 811202.
- Branch Office Klungkung : Jl. Gajah Mada No. 55 A Semarapura 80711. Phone : (0366) 22767
- Branch Office Gianyar district : Jl. Dharma Giri No. 101 Gianyar. Phone : (0361) 4791321.
- Branch Office Bangli district: Jl. Tirta Geduh LC Subak Aya, Bangli. Phone : (0366) 5501210.
- Branch Office Karangasem district : Jl. Ayani Galiran, Karang Asem. Phone :(0363) 21082.
- Brach Office Singaraja : Jl. Ngurah Rai No. 64 , Singaraja. Phone : (0362) 3437000
- Brach Office Jembrana : Jl. Wijaya Kusuma No. 26, Negara. Phone : (0365) 42123
For more information, you can visit BJPS Health website
Read more related articles here,
- Bali-based Skincare to Embrace during COVID-19
- Travel Info During COVID-19 in Bali
- 5 Recommended Juice Cleanses in Bali