Bali’s Day of Silence “Nyepi” 2020
One of Indonesia’s most unique holidays is Hindu New Year, known also as Hari Raya Nyepi. Nyepi is a day of silence and self-reflection and is celebrated on the first day of the Saka lunar calendar. The Hindu celebrations in Bali can last up to several days.
During Nyepi Day:
• The silence begins sunrise around 6:00 am of 25 March 2020 and will go on until the next 24 hours
• All shops are closed on Nyepi Day
• Guests has to stay inside their resort area
• There will be no traffic on that day in the whole Bali island
• Ngurah Rai airport will be totally closed on 25 March 2020, so there will be neither arrival nor departure in the airport on that day. All connecting airports around the globe have been informed in advance about this.